On July 29th, Sony Ericsson finally released the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for Xperia X10, though it is slightly belatedly, it still has brought a trace of surprise for att Xperia X10 users. It is reported now Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 can be upgraded to Android 2.3.3 OS, this update is mainly for Wifi and USB connection, and integration of Facebook and some new components.
Unfortunately, currently Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 does not support OTA update, if you want to get the Updated Android 2.3.3, you need to connect your phone with a PC via USB date to manually install the Gingerbread update for Xperia X10. Follow the steps below:
1) Backup all your data as all of the data will be wiped out during the installation process, that include contacts, messages and any user data saved on phone memory. Data on SD card will not be affected.
2) To restore the data, you will need a third party app like MyBackup as the Backup and Restore app will be overwritten and it won’t be possible to restore data using that app.
4) Once PC Companion is installed, connect the USB cable to the PC and then to the phone.
6) Tap on USB Connected > Mount. This will connect the phone and PC Companion will launch.
7) Now follow the instructions on PC Companion to download and install Gingerbread for Xperia X10.
That’s all, it seems simple, but it is not very complicated to operate, so you must be carefully enough to do this, but also you need to have enough patience and confidence, if you want to sucess to get the Gingerbread update on your att Xperia X10 phone.
via Sony Ericsson
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.