As scheduled, the Pantech Crossover Gophone for AT&T should have been upgraded to Android 2.3 OS in 2011, after so long time’s wait, yesterday just on April 5, Pantech finally release the Gingerbread update for the rugged Pantech Crossover p8000 smartphone. This firmware update not only upgrade Crossover to Android 2.3 OS from Android 2.2 Froyo, but also it brings a number of new features and performance improvements to the Crossover.
Sadly, the update is not sent out via the OTA, but it is avaibale for download and must be installed via a Windows-based computer. As for how manually download and Android 2.3 Gingerbread update on Pantech Crossover, we brings the instroduces here, just follow the steps below:
Requirements: 1. All user data will be removed after OS upgrade. To prevent loss of data during the upgrade, backup* data with Pantech PC Suite[download]. *Contacts, Calendar, SMS, Call log, and Bookmark data will be only backed up by Pantech PC Suite.
2. You need to do this on a Desktop/Laptop Computer Running Either Microsoft Windows 2000 (SP4 or later), 7, Vista, or XP.
Ok, now let’s tart. AT&T Cell Phone Problems and Solutions
1. Connect your att pantech p8000 smartphone with your PC via a usb cable.
2. Download the Pantech Crossover upgrade tool packbage from Pantech official website to your PC, then go to extract the files, Once the .zip file is unzipped, double click the Pantech_Crossover_OS-Upgrade_Tool_1.12.0303.exe[Download here] file to begin the installation process. You will be prompted asking you to make changes, select “Yes” to continue.
3. You will have a popup screen welcoming you to the Pantech Crossover OS Upgrade Tool InstallShield Wizard. Click “Next” to continue.
4. In order to continue, please read and accept the License Agreement by clicking the radio button next to “I accept the terms in the license agreement”.
5. Please select the directory to install the new program (most users click “Install” to use default setting).
Note: The installation process will take a few minutes.
6. Upon completion of the installation tool, click “Finish” and then run the Pantech Crossover OS Upgrade Tool which should have been installed where you chose in the previous step.
7. You will be prompted to allow PantechDownloader.exe Select “Yes” to continue.
8.Please wait a moment while the Upgrade Tool connects to your Pantech Crossover device.
9. Once the dialogue box confirms that the device is connected, please click “Next” to continue.
10. Once again, you will be prompted to accept the agreement. Please do this prior to clicking “Start”. Installation process takes a few minutes, please do not disconnect device during process.
11. When you are prompted that the upgrade is completed, you may press close. At this time, the process is complete.
Please do exactly as the instructions above to get the android 23. Gingerbread update for your Pantech Crossover P8000 phone. Enjoy!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.