How to manuall download and install the android 4.0 ICS Beta update on AT&T Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Xperia ray
It’s not the latest news, on March 23th, Sony Ericsson annnounced that they would bring the Android 4.0 ICS update beta version for parts of its android phones, and at the same time Sony mobile released the official android 4.0 Beta for Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V and Xperia ray for the first time in April. Exciting recently Sony Ericsson Xperia Play for AT&T also got the ICS beta version. If you are the Xperia Play onwers, now go to your phone to check that whether the update arrived at your phone.
If you have received the notification, now upgradd your phone to the latest OS. Then how to download and install the android 4.0 ICS Beta update on AT&T Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Xperia ray？ Just follow the steps below:
- Make sure your phone is running the latest software release, which is build number 4.0.2.A.0.42. If you can’t upgrade to this build number, it is not possible to try the Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM for Xperia phones.
- Go to unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com and unlock the boot loader of your phone. To do this, you must read through and agree to all the legal and warranty conditions that apply.
- Download the Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM for Xperia arc S, the Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM for Xperia™ neo V or the Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM for Xperia™ ray depending on your phone model.
- Extract the downloaded zip file to your Android Fastboot directory. For example: ..\android-sdk\fastboot\Xperia_arcS_ICS_beta.
- Open a command prompt and go to your Fastboot directory: ..\android-sdk\fastboot\
- Flash the three beta ROM files one at a time using Fastboot. Use these three commands (replace the folder name if you are using Xperia™ neo V or Xperia™ ray):
• fastboot flash boot ..\Fastboot\Xperia_arcS_ICS_beta\boot.img
• fastboot flash userdata ..\Fastboot\Xperia_arcS_ICS_beta\userdata.img
• fastboot flash system ..\Fastboot\Xperia_arcS_ICS_beta\system.img
- Once done, please reboot your phone.
Currently the beta ROM is only opened for developers, this means that the ordinary users can not get the upgrade, if ordinary users received the upgrade, Sony Mobile does not provide warranty for the damages.
At present, there are many programs can not be used on the Xperia Play test version of the Android 4.0 , such as the Google-related applications, unlock the human face, and WiFi.
Please note: Before upgrading to ensure that their software version number on your devices is the latest 4.0.2.A.0.42, and the Bootloader is not locked.
In addtion, Sony mobile said that the Xperia Arc, Xperia Play,Xperia Neo,Xperia Mini, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Pro and Xperia Active would get the android 4.0 ICS in June. especially, Sony Mobile d will not offer an OTA upgrade, such several sony android phones need mention above need go to SONY official website to manuall download and install the ICS update.
Tags: Android 4.0 ICS update, Sony Ericsson, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, Sony mobile, Sony Xperia Arc, Xperia Active, Xperia Mini, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Neo, Xperia Play, Xperia Play android 4.0 ICS Beta, Xperia Pro, Xperia Ray, Xperia ray android 4.0 ICS Beta
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.