Do you know how to insall softwares or applications, such as games , themes on AT&T Samsung Mythic without a data plan? If you don’t know , see here. Following is just the instructions, but firstly you will need a data cable to access the phone.
Install Games, Appliciations or softwares on Samsung Mythic steps:
1. Download and Installation of PC Studio IH3.exe [Download here]
2. Installation and usage of TKFileExplorer [Download here] (Used to access the Internal Memory of the phone)
3. Accessing Admin Settings w/ Master Key
4. JADGen: [Download here] (Used to generate .JAD files from .JAR files)
Notes: 1. This method works with Windows XP and Windows Vista (32/64-bit).
2. You can also get TKFileExplorer to work with just the USB Modem Drivers if you want standalone drivers (No PC Studio)[ Download Usb Modem Driver here] ( Used if PC Studio doesn’t load the proper drivers or you just want standalone drivers)
How to install the PC Studio IH1:
1) Once downloaded run the setup file. (Make sure the phone is unplugged)
2) Now Connect your USB Cable to your phone. Make sure the phone is set to ‘Samsung PC Studio’.
(Menu -> Settings -> Connectivity -> Select USB Mode -> Samsung PC Studio)
Let the drivers install. AT&T cell phone Questions&Answers
3) Once finished you might have to restart PC Studio IH1 as well as your phone to detect properly (while still connected). Once detected it should say ‘SGH-A887 Connected’.
How to Installation and usage of TKFileExplorer
1) Download TKFileExplorer: [here] or search through the forums. Run the program and it should look like an explorer window. (Make sure PC Studio is closed as well as the tray icon)
2) Go to Settings -> COM -> Click on the drop selection under ‘Port’ and select one that’s available.
3) Click “Connect”
4) The phone should connect if done properly.
5) Games are located in /Exe/Java/Games/, When transferring games make sure that you have both the .JAR and .JAD files. JADGen can be downloaded: [here] Just drag the .JAR file and drag it to JADGen.exe to generate a .JAD file.
Note: When copying the game onto the phone, it is easier to create a folder in the phone and transfer the .jar file then the .jad file one at a time. Dragging multiple folder/files may cause the connection to freeze, lag or lose connection.
How to Accessing Admin Settings w/ Master Key
Note: Once you have finished transferring all the games/applications you want. Do the following:
6) Go back to the home screen and tap ‘Dial’ input the following: (For Admin Settings) *#6984125*#
7) Tap on ‘Internals’, Input the following code (Master Key). *#3818790*#
Tap on ‘Storage Settings’
9) Tap on ‘Update Java DB’, Now scroll down to where it says ‘Update app database’ and Tap on that.
10) It should take a couple of seconds to update.
11) Once updated you can check out your new games/apps
I got it work on my Mythic phone, hopefully it’s still useful for you!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.