Since the Samsung Infuse 4G for AT&T got the official android 2.3 GB update in February, there is no any official infor on whether the Infuse 4G can receive the Android 4.0 ICS update or when, and with the Android 4.1 JellyBean ‘s arrival in June, it seemed that the hope of att Infuse 4G to be upgraded to the offiical android 4.0聽 began to ebb. However, recently there is one unofficial AOKP聽 Android 4.1.1 JellyBean update for Samsung Infuse was availbale for download, the Android 4.1 OS was based on the AOKP ROM, it is one of the ROMs at the top of the list of the best custom ROMs. If you have been tied of the android 2.3 OS, maybe you can try this unofficial JellyBean on your infuse 4G phone.
Cation: 1. This is not聽 an official Samsung ROM. It鈥檚 a custom ROM that is under development and may have a few bugs and issues, and some things may not work properly and some stock Samsung ROM features will not be available.
The known issues so far including:
- All the same issues as ICS and the other JB Roms
- Video recording choppy at 720res in high light鈥se 480
- Torch not working. There is an app in the Play Store called MaxFlash that works well.
- Nandroid Backup broken.
- OC/UV. There is something not quite right about the OC/UV settings. For now, run it at stock.
- I highly recommend Nova Launcher. It鈥檚 by far the fastest and smoothest with JB.
2.This methods may make your handset a brick, we won’t reliable for any damage.
3. Before doing this, please back up all the data on your phone, 聽 (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don鈥檛 worry about those).
Steps of how to install the Unofficial AOKP Android 4.1.1 JellyBean update on att infuse 4g.
- Install the UCLB3 firmware on your phone . This will also install ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery, which is necessary for installing the ROM. Skip this step if you already have CWM recovery.
- Download the latest version of the ROM as well as the CypherROM Gapps file from the source page. Make sure to download the Gapps file as that will be needed to install Google apps like Play Store, Gmail, Talk, etc as those aren鈥檛 included in the ROM itself.
- Copy the two downloaded .zip files from step 3 to the internal SD card.
- Now, turn off your phone, then boot into ClockworkMod recovery. To do this,聽turn the phone off, disconnect USB cable if connected, hold the聽Volume Up + Volume Down + Power聽buttons聽together, release the power button when Samsung logo appears, but continue to hold volume buttons until recovery screen appears, then let go of them.
In recovery,聽use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select items.
- Select聽wipe data/factory reset, then select聽Yes聽on next screen to聽confirm.聽Wait a while till the data wipe is聽complete.
- Select聽mounts and storage,聽then select聽format system聽and select聽Yes聽on next screen to confirm. After system format is complete, select聽go back聽to go back to the main recovery menu.
- Select聽install zip from sdcard, then select聽choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation by selecting聽Yes聽on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- If you were previously on a Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich ROM, the phone will reboot twice during installation and then boot into recovery after installation is complete.聽This is normal. If you are flashing over a previous Jelly Bean ROM, then the install will complete without rebooting.
- Now, once installation of ROM is complete, select聽install zip from sdcard聽again, then select聽choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the CypherROM Gapps file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation by selecting聽Yes聽on the next screen. The Gapps package will start installing.
- After the聽installation聽is聽complete,聽select聽go back聽then select聽reboot system now聽to reboot聽the phone into CypherROM.
NOTE: If you want to go back to a stock Samsung ROM again, you can flash the UCLB3 firmware by following the guide linked in step 2 above.
Ok, now you can experience the new android 4.1 OS on your samsung infuse 4g, enjoy!
Tags: AT&T, AT&T Infuse 4, att Infuse 4G android 4.0 update, att Infuse 4G Android 4.1 update, Samsung, Samsung Infuse 4 samsung infuse jellybean roms, Best Jelly Bean stock ROM for Infuse 4G, download jellybean for samsung infuse, how to upgrade samsung infuse to jellybean, reliable rom for infuse, samsung infuse 4g problems, samsung infuse jb 4 1download,